Our expertise comes from the rich history that we have with BI/ Reporting tools and platforms like Microsoft SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports, Jasper and some other reporting and BI tools. With RS Reports, we have implemented projects which can seamlessly integrate with business applications.
Thousands of organizations globally depend on RS to make faster and better business decisions that positively impact their bottom lines.
KrutiTech.com provides varied services with RS and here are some of them:
- RS Reporting
- RS Analysis
- Data Integration
- Data Mining
- Metadata design and development
- Data integration design and ETL development
- Report design and development
- Dashboard design and development
- Application Integration
- Performance Tuning
The RS BI Project is software for Enterprise Reporting, Analysis, Dashboard, Data Mining, Workflow and ETL capabilities for Business Intelligence needs.
All organizations use reporting in one form or another. As a result, reporting is considered a core Business Intelligence (BI) need and is frequently the first BI application deployed. RS Reporting allows organizations to easily access, format, and distribute information to employees, customers, and partners.
- Flexible deployment from standalone desktop reporting to embedded reporting and enterprise business intelligence
- Broad data source support including relational, OLAP, or XML-based data sources
- Popular output options including Adobe PDF, HTML, Microsoft Excel, Rich Text Format, or plain text
- Web-based ad hoc query and reporting for business users
- Enterprise Edition provides enhanced software functionality, comprehensive professional technical support, product expertise, certified software and software maintenance, and more.
RS Analysis puts rich, analytic power in the hands of your business users helping them gain the insight and understanding needed to make optimal business decisions.
- Freely explore business information by drilling into and cross-tabulating data
- Experience speed-of-thought response times to complex analytical queries
- View information multi-dimensionally, choosing specific metrics and attributes to analyze
- Deploy stand-alone or integrated with other products in the RS BI Suite
RS Analyzer provides intuitive, interactive analytical reporting letting non-technical business users quickly understand business information. As part of the enhanced functionality in RS Analysis Enterprise Edition, Analyzer features:
- Web-based, drag-and-drop report creation
- Advanced sorting and filtering
- Customized totals and user-defined calculations
- Chart visualizations
- And much more
RS Dashboards provide immediate insight into individual, departmental, or enterprise performance. By delivering key metrics in an attractive and intuitive visual interface, RS dashboards gives business users the critical information they need to understand and improve organizational performance.
RS Dashboards delivers this visibility by providing:
- Rich, interactive displays including Adobe Flash-based visualizations so that business users can immediately see which business metrics are on track, and which need attention
- Self-service dashboard designer that lets business users easily create personalized dashboards with zero training
- Integration with RS Reporting and RS Analysis so that users can drill to underlying reports and analysis to understand what factors are contributing to good or bad performance
- Portal integration to make it easy to deliver relevant business metrics to large numbers of users, seamlessly integrated into their application
- Integrated alerting to continuously monitor for exceptions and notify users to take action.
RS Data Mining
Once you’ve got analysis, reporting, and dashboards deployed, it’s time to take your business intelligence (BI) to the next level by adding data mining and advanced analytics. This is a level of BI excellence that many organizations never manage to evolve to, however the importance of pushing ahead with advanced capabilities cannot be underestimated – they can provide a truly sustainable competitive advantage and enable your organization to maximize both its efficiency and effectiveness.
Data Mining is the process of running data through sophisticated algorithms to uncover meaningful patterns and correlations that may otherwise be hidden. These can be used to help you understand the business better and also exploited to improve future performance through predictive analytics. For example, data mining can warn you there’s a high probability a specific customer won’t pay on time based on an analysis of customers with similar characteristics.
To help you fully utilize data mining for organizational advantage, the RS BI Project team has worked in conjunction with the development and business communities to integrate mainstream BI capabilities with advanced data mining. RS Data Mining is differentiated by its open, standards-compliant nature, use of Weka data mining technology, and tight integration with core business intelligence capabilities including reporting, analysis and dashboards. Other data mining offerings lack this level of sophistication and integration.
In this document we cover the business benefits of integrating data mining as part of your business intelligence deployment, together with the how’s and why’s of data mining to provide you with a solid understanding of this topic.
Features and Benefits
Provides insight into hidden patterns and relationships in your data
- A classic example of data mining is a retailer who uncovers a relationship between sales of diapers and beer on Sunday afternoons – two items you wouldn’t normally consider as linked. The explanation is that husbands who are sent out to pick up a fresh supply of diapers are also likely to pick up some beer while they happen to be in the store – something that hadn’t been recognized as a significant sales driver before data mining uncovered it.
Enables you to exploit these correlations to improve organizational performance
- Continuing the example above, very often retailers act on the relationships they discover by using tactics such as placing linked items together on end-of-isle displays as a way to spur additional purchases. All organizations can benefit from acting in a similar way – using newly discovered patterns and correlations as the basis for taking action to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Provides indicators of future performance
- “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it” is a famous quote from philosopher George Santayana. In the case of data mining, being able to predict outcomes based on historic data can dramatically improve the quality and outcomes of decision making in the present. As a simple example, if the best indicator of whether a customer will pay on time turns out to be a combination of their market segment and whether or not they have paid previous bills on time, then this is information you can usefully benefit from in making current credit decisions.
Enables embedding of recommendations in your applications
- You can use the data mining results to display a simple summary statement and recommendations within operational applications. For example, on a credit screen you could add: “Based on this new account profile there is an 85% chance this customer will pay late. It is therefore recommended you require a 50% prepayment on this order”. Reporting on aggregate results such as Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) enables you to measure business improvements based on when recommendations were followed and when they weren’t so that you can fine-tune your model and recommendations over time for optimal effect.
Enables you to take full advantage of a range of data mining algorithms
- No algorithm is likely to be optimal in all situations. For this reason it’s important that you’re able to try out a range to find the algorithm that fits a particular set of data the best.
- If you find several data mining algorithms that fit well, you can use all of them – for example: “Based on analysis of 3 predictive models, the chances this customer will pay late are; Model A: 95% (96% correct), Model B: 89% (92% correct), Model C: 76% (97% correct)”.
RS Data Integration
Data is everywhere. Providing a consistent, single version of the truth across all sources of information is one of the biggest challenges faced by IT organizations today. RS Data Integration delivers powerful Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) capabilities using an innovative, metadata-driven approach. With an intuitive, graphical, drag and drop design environment, and a proven, scalable, standards-based architecture, RS Data Integration is increasingly the choice for organizations over traditional, proprietary ETL or data integration tools.
RS Data Integration’s metadata-driven approach means you simply specify WHAT you want to do, but not HOW you want to do it. Now administrators can create complex transformations and jobs in a graphical, drag-and-drop environment without having to generate any custom code. RS Data Integration is a full-featured ETL solution including:
- Rich transformation library with over 100 out-of-the-box mapping objects
- Broad data source support including packaged applications, over 30 open source and proprietary database platforms, flat files, Excel documents, and more
- Advanced data warehousing support for Slowly Changing and Junk Dimensions
- Proven enterprise-class performance and scalability
- Integration with the RS BI Suite for Enterprise Information Integration (EII), advanced scheduling, and process integration